Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 22, 2012.... What A Day!


       Yesterday was quite the day:  Madison and Kaden started school, 4th and 2nd grades.  Saige started 6th grade today-  holy cow!
       It was also my 33rd birthday... gasp!  I spent the day at Salt Lake Regional Hospital with Dad, who had to be ambulanced down there... Good grief, what a stinker!  If you want to know more detail of why, here is a link to my awesome sisters' blog post that really sums it up well. (http://cullumbercreations.roadpebble.com/?p=341)  We still aren't fully sure what is going on with him.  He has been bleeding into his drainage tube that is hooked into his liver.  He has had it in there since his surgery 7 weeks ago and normally it would have been removed a few weeks after surgery. He is definitely a trooper and an amazing example of "how to endure" through trials.
       I came home after a long day in Salt Lake to beautiful flowers and a fun birthday banner.  I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family!
       (Also while I was gone the kiddos had a bit of fun with the cute baby guinea pigs...  :)  They are growing already and eating solid food.   They are so much fun!)










3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, Heather! I am glad you were spoiled for your birthday! I hope the kids liked their first days of school. Saige's note and check are in the mail! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet of Chad and the kids to get you flowers and make a banner! Brownie points! Happy, Happy Birthday! When are we going to party?! (Oh, and the kids look so cute for school!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy LATE Birthday! I love Saige's shirt! I need one! Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete