I was reading this visiting teaching message last month and this statement really stuck out to me:
"Speaking to the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, the Prophet Joseph emphasized holiness, explaining that as sisters became pure and holy, they would have a marked influence upon the world. He explained: “Meekness, love, purity—these are the things that should magnify you. … This Society … shall have power to command queens in their midst. … The kings and queens of the earth will come unto Zion, and pay their respects.” Relief Society sisters living their covenants command the respect not only of noble people, but “if you live up to your privileges,” Joseph promised the sisters, “the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates.”"
I really love the part where Joseph Smith promised the sisters that if we "live up to our privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being [our] associates." What a great promise!
I love that quote, Heather! Thank you so much for sharing! I love you!
ReplyDeleteWe sure do need it, don't we? What a wonderful promise! Thank you!
ReplyDelete